Monday, May 15, 2017

Libertarian Party of Florida Executive Committee Outcomes

I apologize that this post is so late in coming to you. I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row following the LPF convention the weekend before last in Cocoa Beach. I think I speak for all the Seminole County Delegates when I say we had a great time.



I'd like to announce the results of the Executive Committee Race. Marcos Miralles has replaced Char-Lez Braden as the Chair of the Libertarian Party of Florida. Miralles is seeking to have at least 100 Libertarians in public office by 2021 and hopes to dramatically increase help to candidates running for office. He also seeks to increase the fundraising efforts of the county affiliates and LP Florida. I am excited to see what he will do to better the Libertarian Party of Florida in the next 2 years.

Omar Recuero was re-elected Vice-Chairman of LP Florida and Alison Foxall was re-elected Director At Large 1. LP Florida newcomer Greg Peele won Director At Large 3 by an overwhelming majority.

I don't know Omar very well and my first interactions with him were at the LPF convention. They were all positive and I think he's done a good job thus far as Vice Chair and hope he will continue to advance liberty here in Florida.

Alison Foxall is an outstanding advocate for Liberty. She works hard at the local, state and national levels helping to streamline processes and project a positive image of the LP across social media. She does a tremendous job running the communications committee (of which I am a member) here in Florida and I believe does a great job as At-Large 1. I can not say enough great things about her!

Greg Peele is near and dear to all of our hearts here in Seminole as he is the treasurer (and overall do-er of things) at our sister affiliate in Orange County. I say with great confidence that he will do wonderful things in his new position as At-Large Director 3.

I would also like to take this time to publicly thank Char-Lez Braden for his work as chair. I appreciate all you've done for the LPF and am happy to see that you'll be continuing your action to further liberty in FL as a region representative.

Thank you to everyone who came out to the convention. I enjoyed getting to meet my fellow FL libertarians.

Until next time.
In Liberty,
Megan Killion

No comments:

Post a Comment